Friday, April 4, 2008

Hair

So I will be honest one of the reasons I was so happy to have girls was all the fun clothes I could dress them in and the cute hairdos they could have. To my disappointment both Natalie and Amelia are like me and are VERY slow to grow hair. I longingly look upon other two year-olds with cute pigtails and wonder...when will the girls be able to have those? I jokingly tell people that they may have their first hair cut when they are 12 at the rate it is growing.

The debate in our house is whether or not the girls will have curly hair. For those of you who don't know Mike he has VERY curly hair and it is a trait that runs in his family. I, on the other hand, have stick straight hair. Something that frustrates me daily. Due to my frustrations I hope and pray (not really I know there are more important things in life) that the girls have curly hair. After bath time when it is wet it is a mass of curls. However once it dries...it looks like a ragamuffin mop! And most of the time they will not let me put in any "pretties" to make it look better.

The following pictures show some of our hairdo successes and debacles.

Amelia's post-bath curls


This is what happens when you let Natalie put
pretty stretchy headbands on herself.


Of course Amelia had to apply her own "pretties" too.


Now it was Mom's turn to help put them on!
Amazing what a difference adult help makes.


If I can't have cute pigtails I guess
I will have to settle for cute little sprouting tails!

No comments: