Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From the Mouths of Five-Year Olds...



Recently I was talking to my sister on the phone about wedding dress shopping.
(The big day is in August of 2011)
When I was finished I commented to Mike,
"I feel bad for her, it is late and she just got done with work."
Amelia who was sitting at the table pops her head up and says,
"Oh, is she retired now?"

Wouldn't that be nice to do at the age of 27!
___________________________________________________________


During the Superbowl the girls periodically joined Mike on the couch to watch the game.
At one point early in the game Natalie hops up on the couch
and watched for a few moments before asking,
"Dad, which color are the Crackers?"

Maybe Green Bay wants to consider a name change.
They are Cheeseheads after all.

___________________________________________________________


Last night after going wedding dress shopping with my sister.
(She found one and she is stunning in it!)
I went in to kiss the girls goodnight.
I found Amelia lying on her back holding up her hand.
I kissed her and said,
"You're the only Amelia five-year old I know."
She continued to stare at her hand and said nothing until...
with her hand outstretched she replied,
"Mom, Guess what! I am a whole-hand year old now!"
I laughed and while she proceeded to hold up her second hand and say,
"And once I am this whole-hand year old too, you know what? I'll be ten!"

When I think of it that way, soon I will be both my hands, both my feet,
and a whole hand from each of my kids-year old!



1 comment:

Tia Erin said...

So cute! It's great you're capturing these moments for them.