Monday, June 4, 2012

Throw out the old and "swing" in the new...



The metamorphosis of Sam's big boy room is almost complete.

Yes, I am the nerd who threw in science vocabulary...
mostly to make my sister groan, my brother chuckle
and my husband roll his eyes. 
These days I find pleasure in the small things.
And actually poking fun at myself is highly entertaining lately.
You see this is the last week of the school year and I am
constantly vascillating between wanting to jump off the cliff of insanity
to laughing hysterically at the craziness that is my life.

But that is a whole other post...people...one well if my brain
ever starts working at...oh at least 75% capacity..
well I may be able to compose it someday.

But for now an end to the rambling and on to the "change" in Sam's room
(the definition of metamorphosis is there in quotes for my non-science geek of a sister)

The room transformation started at the end of March and finally reached its
end phase in the past few weeks.

The early stages- the side is off the crib but
baby bedding still prevails



Glider and baby gear





And now......drum roll please.....

A "big boy bed"
(and added bonus of 100% nukie free)



Out are the animals and in with our "swinging" new theme.
A theme designed around Sam's personalized autographed jersey.


Finishing touches of a replica 1965 pennant and
original 1987 Homer Hanky.


Now you may or may not have noticed the "almost" in my
original metamorphosis statement.
(those of you scientists out there surely were observant and
noted that minute detail)


What's left in the room's change??

hmmmmm....

I'll give you one guess.



Striking out on ditching the diapers
for the time being.

Hopefully by fall we finally hit a homerun!!



No comments: