Monday, March 30, 2009

Turning 33!

Birthday gatherings at 33 are much different than gatherings when you are eight. My birthday was just over a week ago and I was fortunate enough to have two wonderful family gatherings. I love birthdays and holidays because it is a reason to celebrate as a family. The girls love these days because they love cake and presents (which is evident in the following photos). I can remember turning eight and how exciting having a birthday was. As I turned 33 my excitement came from watching the girls celebrate for me. They loved decorating my cakes with candles, singing and blowing out the candles for me, and opening all of my gifts. Me...well I just loved watching them, celebrating with my small family of 5 and my extended families of many more, and of course...eating lots of cake too!


Birthday Gathering with German Chocolate Cake!


Decorating the Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake!


Opening Mom's Presents!


And Blowing Out the Candles!

2 comments:

Caryn said...

i see you have your priorities straight - bball on in the background! :) go STATE!

elizabeth said...

i love the expression on the twin who's watching her sister in the last picture - so sweet!! (how about name tags so we can tell them apart - jk!!) they're adorable :)

how are you liking the new camera?