Saturday, March 21, 2009

We may...

have a thumbsucker in out midst.

This could be a good thing because then Sam will always have something with him in which he can soothe himself. This could mean the end of late night search and rescue missions looking for lost pacifiers in the dark.

On the other hand this could be a bad thing because Sam will always have something with him in which he can soothe himself. A something that we can not take away from him. A something that he can and will be attached to for years to come. If he does in fact become a thumbsucker he may be one for life...or at least until he is ten. Just like a certain family member of mine who shall remain nameless to protect her reputation. (Did I just say her?..hmmmm... I wonder who it is?)

Only time will tell whether his thumb will be Sam's pacifying object of choice. I certainly wouldn't miss getting out of bed to pop the pacifier back in his mouth. However I am not looking forward to the possible battle we could have to break him of the habit in the future.

For the time being I will just enjoy the cute pictures of him enjoying a little piece of himself!



1 comment:

Bob and Joleen said...

I know all about thumb suckers...I have three of them! Trying to break them is next to impossible, but I agree not waking up in the middle of night looking for a pacifier is sweet bliss.