Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One of the many reasons...



that I love this boy...




is that he has the amazing ability to make us laugh
without even trying.

case in point:

The other day I finally gave in and laid on the couch
to be his patient for a little doctor's office pretend play.
Like many families we have one of those play doctor's kits
equipped with the basics.

It's going to be hard to portray the story here as I can't
write out his facial expressions.
I am hoping the words are enough.

Sam:  "Mom hold still while I check your heart"
(using stethescope around his neck and not in his ears)
listen...listen...listen

Sam: "Be quiet I am listening to your heart!"
listen...listen...listen
Sam: (eyes scrunched real serious-like)
"Yep, Mom your heart it has a bad throat.
A real bad throat from eating too much breakfast!"

note to self...maybe this is the new description for heartburn??

Sam:  "Mom, now look at me.
I want to check your eyes!"
look...look...look

Sam: "Ooo Mom, you have something in your eyes!"
Me: "Oh really?  What do you think it is?"
Sam: (again eyes scrunched real serious-like)
"It looks like you have peanuts in there Mom!"

I struggled not to burst out laughing when
from the peanut gallery across the room (pun intended)...

Natalie: "Mom you don't have a penis.  You are a girl!"
Me: "I know Nat, he said I have PEANUTS!"

pause...pause...pause

Natalie: (as she comes running)
"Oh, can I have some?"  : )

___________________________________________________________________

When trying to take his photo today
I asked him to give me some of his different faces.
This is what I got...


 
silly


sad


mad


and this is what I got when I asked for the
"I love you Mama" face


These days he is getting wilder
the running, jumping, screaming
are just a few things we try to tone down at times.

He wants to be indepedenat at most things...
"I a big boy, I do it MYSELF!"

Though when we suggest, coerce, enforce toliet training..
"I too little, I can't do it.  I don't know how."
hmmm...how convenient.

I chuckle inside as he tries to wrap us
around his little fingers.

His genuine humor may win us over...
or at least me..
especially when on a crazy morning of trying to bake cookies
with three kids I hear from the other room....

Amelia:  "Sam, do you want to play house with us?"
Sam: (enthusiastically) "Oh Yeah, I do.  I want to be the Dad"
pause...pause...pause...
Sam: (serious tone)  "I will be the Dad.  Natalie you can be the Mom.
And Amelia you can be the Honey."

You've got me wrapped litle boy...
I love you to infinity and beyond.




No comments: