Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tanzania, Africa

Where have I been?
Lately home...actually.
for oh almost two weeks now.


Sorry that I taken so long.
I'd blame it on jet lag...
or catching up with my kids...
or I could make up things like........
I had to put the house back together
after 13 absent days.


The last statement is not even close to true
as my husband is utterly amazing.
The first two were the case for a while.

But now lately I have just been having summer fun.

Back to where I've been.
hmmm.
(see title of post)

Why?
Mission trip.
Safari opportunity.
Bonding with my Mom.
Life-long dream.


The travel was long.
The scenery surprising.
The work rewarding.
and the dream fulfilling.


I couldn't have asked for more.

There is no way I can sum it up here.


A taste I can share.
and if you need more....

well just ask!

 Believe it or not...this is Tanzania!


 Village of Bomalang'ombe


How women carry water
and boys play with toys.


Bomalang'ombe village children.
(and hats we gave them)


Students from the secondary school...the mission site.
They are digging a trench for a water pipline.


400 student assembly in our honor.


Market in the larger town of Iringa.


Children in the village of Mtasi.


Mitasi luthern church
where we attended service in Swahili.


Tanzanian science and math posters!
Painted on the side of a primary school.


 Students at the school making greens for our lunch
 (not their lunch...our lunch)


Preschool children waiting to see the mzungus
(translation: white people)


Swahili world map
on side of primary school


Our dining hall at the lodge
in Ruaha National Park


Now this looks like Africa!


Elephant river crossing


Natural lawn mower right outside our room.


This one was for Amelia!


Looks like I thought!


This one is for Natalie!

This one is for me!


Lions eating a giraffe.
(notice how close we are)


Safari Girls!



1 comment:

FinnLand said...

Looks like a fabulous trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!
~Courtney