Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heartwarming

All the females in our house are battling colds. I know how bad I feel so it pains me to see the girls be so uncomfortable. It has made them cranky and poor sleepers. They are fighting more over toys and even chairs in our home. I think it is unfair that the little girls and the pregnant woman should have to suffer as the only male* in the house seems to be just fine and dandy. But what can we do but wait it out.

Amidst all of this misery a moment happened tonight that warmed my heart.

It was about 30 minutes after bedtime and Amelia had a bout of hard coughing. I was standing outside their door listening to see if she was going to be ok.

Natalie says, "Amelia are you alright?"

Amelia replies tiredly, "yes."

a pause and the Natalie responds, "good, I am so glad."

What can I say? I love my sweet little girls.

* this same healthy male did run out twice to find me dr. approved cold meds. and a DQ treat. So I guess I can not wish too much illness upon him.

2 comments:

elizabeth said...

i think kids can be the sweetest (and naughtiest) when we're not looking.

Caryn said...

this might be a bit late - colds might be gone but anyways...a friend told me that when a kid has a bad cough, put vicks on their heels before they go to bed (with a pair of socks over them) and it helps. don't know why or how but she said it worked for her little one. gerrit hasn't had a bad cough just the runny nose so i havn't officially tried it myself.