Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well worth it

So yet another long drive in to work/daycare today. Only 45 minutes instead of the usual 55 it has taken lately (in summer weather it takes only 25). In between the fighting in the backseat and the singing of multiple Christmas carols a conversation between me and Amelia made the hectic ride well worth it.

Me: "Amelia, who is your sister?"

Amelia: "Natalie........she is my best friend."

pause for a bit

Amelia: "And I love her very much."

pause....pause...pause...

Natalie: "Yep, that's me!"



What are wonderful thing to hear on such a bothersome commute. Though, about 2 minutes after this conversation they started fighting and stealing each other's blankets in the back seat.
(We will just pretend that the bad parts didn't happen and focus on the heartwarming stuff, ok?)

1 comment:

Caryn said...

my 50 min. commute doesn't sound so bad these days! I luckily go the right direction so the snow hasn't bothered me yet. knock on wood! granted, i put on twice as many miles but i feel better when i hear about people stuck in traffic. :)